Thread: Recommendations for generating documentation from Pascal/Delphi source code?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recommendations for generating documentation from Pascal/Delphi source code?

Hi all,
    I was wondering what free programs, utilities, etc. that people could recommend so I can generate documentation from Pascal/Delphi source code?

I know of PasDoc, but I was wondering if there are others, and what you guys/gals are using (if anything).

I want to create in-house documentation for the internals of my cross-platform library, and documentation for the interface part for end-users too...

Also, what format do you think would be best for help documentation? .chm (doesn't work on all windows platforms? not cross-platform?), .pdf, .html, some other format?

cheers,
    Paul

i recommend using .html cause you can change anything without much effort and can easily converted it to .chm or .pdf

nice thing for documentations are wiki like systems, easy to maintenance and good to read

you can check FPDoc
    Last edited by Daikrys; 10-10-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks for the tip, I might go the .html route then - any ideas as to what I could use to generate the documentation now then?

cheers,
    Paul

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Paul,

I've checked out a bunch of tools for this and the one that works best for me is PasDoc. It generates HTML and provides a build file (IIRC) for compiling the generated pages into a CHM. It can also do one or two funkier tricks like generating files for (IIRC) GraphVis, to generate a dependancy chart. These can get a bit messy for large projects.

It's comment format is simple enough and it does support a number of useful things like includes.

You can grab it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pasdoc/
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Thanks Christina, I will take another look at PasDoc

cheers,
    Paul