Thread: missing url for sound contract site

missing url for sound contract site

hey guys,

i found a site where you can make a order for sound and music and a couple of artists then submit there entrys and you can pick one of them

its like a mini contest, you can say what you want, when you want it and what you pay

due to a complete windows crash i lost the url of that site and i cant find it anymore

does somebody know wich site im looking for?

big thanks for any help

Blog Entries
    Uh... Do you have more description for us? If you want to find this site you'll have to give us more than that to go on.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

yeah a bit hard to describe :/

i dont think there are so many sites like that

the awesome thing was that you can declare what music and sounds you need and what you pay for the whole package
    if youre lucky enough artists join the challenge to get the job and submit there entrys
    after the deadline you can pick one package form an artist (or more if you have the money) and pay him (or contact him for changes)

it was so damn easy to get some music/sounds for your game, without the annoying stuff like find an artist, ask for rates etc.

Seems as a very nice site but unfortunatly I haven't hear about it until now.

You sad that you had complete windows crash. So I asume that you reinstaled your OS. Now usualy when we do this we format system partition and then reinstal windows, so I asume you also done this. Now I'm wondering when you formated your partition, did you use quick format or normal format? Why I'm I asking this? Well if you used quick format there is still small chance to recover the file wich contained URL to the web page (under favorites) with the use of some file recovery software. Offcourse this can only be done if the data wasn't been physicaly rewriten on the hard drive. Anyway it is worth a shot trying to rescue it.
    I personaly recomend use of R-Studio wich you can get on http://www.data-recovery-software.net/. Yes this software isn't free but for recovering of small files like URL shortuts you can also use the demo version of it (for recovering of larger files and larger numbers of files it is necessary to use full version).
    Now if you haven't done anything like this before don't be afraid to ask for more instructions since I have quite a lot expirience on this field.

im good at recovering lost data but the problem is that firefox dont backup my bookmarks from two days before the crash
    so i only saved the backups i found and installed a new windows, later i found out that some bookmarks (not so much) are missing

maybe i ask in the indiegamer forum later, im dont in a hurry to find that site, it would just nice to know wich one it was