Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Android Support

Awesome! =)

I will make some tests this weekend! I can't wait to start porting my games to Android! =)

Hi Andru,
    I tested your demo on my ancient Samsung Galaxy Spica. (2 years old :-) with 2.2.1 homebrew ROM) and it works perfectly.
    Thanks.
    Anil

Thanks for testing!

Talking

I checked the updated demo on LG GT540 with stock ROM - Android 2.1 and I am getting around ~39FPS.
    Nice to see that Resume and Exit stuff now works

Andru: Thanks for the excellent documentation on how to get Fpc working on Windows for cross-compilation to Android. I found this thread and your guide here to be very detailed and helpful. I got the basics working thanks to this information and next I will try to get simple OpenGL ES applications running. I'm sure I will go to the ZenGL source for reference. If I get something working I might try to port my own engine later on. Again, thanks for sharing all this information. Fpc for Android is not very well documented as I'm sure many have found out
    ZGameEditor - Develop 64kb games for Windows.
    Thrust for Vectrex - ROM-file and 6809 source code.

you're welcome!

Fpc for Android is not very well documented as I'm sure many have found out
    Unfortunately main problem of FreePascal for Android is not a documentation(as I remember there are some instructions on FreePascal/Lazarus wiki and even third party iso-file for VirtualBox with all installed for development), but support of Android. As you have already seen - I use my own patches for threads and one more patch for possibility to use units SysUtils, Math and Classes.

Blog Entries
    You know it might be easiest to support Android by focusing on adding to support to Oxygene for Java instead. To get FPC on board with Android, you'd have to wait for them to add features, while supporting Oxygene for Java, the support is on you to work around what is missing.

...and with those that have taken up the latest PGD Challenge along with the added challenge of making a game using Oxygene, they could help you to test support and offer advice towards what you can and can't do in it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    To get FPC on board with Android, you'd have to wait for them to add features, while supporting Oxygene for Java, the support is on you to work around what is missing.
    O'rly? I was needed threads via standard functions instead of pthread*, so I took source code of FreePascal and just done everything I need. All other stuff works like a charm and no need to wait anything else.

Now lazy people also can use FreePascal for Android, because precompiled version of it with installation instructions available here

Blog Entries
    Lazy people... Sure does sound a lot like me there andru
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast