Thread: Android Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    You know it might be easiest to support Android by focusing on adding to support to Oxygene for Java instead. To get FPC on board with Android, you'd have to wait for them to add features, while supporting Oxygene for Java, the support is on you to work around what is missing.

...and with those that have taken up the latest PGD Challenge along with the added challenge of making a game using Oxygene, they could help you to test support and offer advice towards what you can and can't do in it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    To get FPC on board with Android, you'd have to wait for them to add features, while supporting Oxygene for Java, the support is on you to work around what is missing.
    O'rly? I was needed threads via standard functions instead of pthread*, so I took source code of FreePascal and just done everything I need. All other stuff works like a charm and no need to wait anything else.

Now lazy people also can use FreePascal for Android, because precompiled version of it with installation instructions available here

Blog Entries
    Lazy people... Sure does sound a lot like me there andru
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    I see you are making progress with this. Nice job, keep it up!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

an awesome job! it took me 2 weeks to get fpc to compile for android, it is a fairly complex task. so this should ease the pain for a lot of people.

good work , thanks for sharing