Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Support

Android Support

Here is the first experiment with Android where I mixed Java(creating main view and attaching GLSurfaceView) and Pascal(changing OpenGL ES states, rendering, etc.). Simple demo shows green rectangle with red border. On photo you can see Eclipse 3.7.1, FreePascal 2.5.1, Lazarus 0.9.31 and dirty LG Optimus One in my hands

Unfortunately there are many problems and FreePascal still not ready for Android(but I hope I will change my mind ). Just including some Unix-units will crash your app(and this prevent me to use timers, file operations, etc.), using cthreads will fail your linking stage. I will continue my work, but full port won't be soon, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Can't we just write some bindings to borrow the C++ libraries? Or, drop to root on android and build fpc from source on android itself?
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Very cool. Any consideration towards Oxygene 5 support in ZenGL?

You could get on their beta by contacting Marc Hoffman on their site.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Any consideration towards Oxygene 5 support in ZenGL?
    ZenGL isn't a simple library, so it will be too hard to make such a port because Oxygene just a "Java with Pascal face" and this is not enough. Also I didn't find any information about integration with Eclipse(only with Visual Studio under Windows... O_o and where is my Linux support? )

// spam-bots... they like to post in my threads, or their invisible messages are everywhere?
    Last edited by Andru; 05-11-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    // spam-bots... they like to post in my threads, or their invisible messages are everywhere?
    In theory, it is not possible for you to see those posts - interesting. To be honest, deleting them makes my job a tad harder as for some reason the selection button doesn't work properly every time otherwise. Can't be helped I guess - I end up taking care of 30 odd posts a day whenever my Internet connection decides to play ball, but as the modem is dyeing (doesn't sync above 2.1meg and decreasing) things aren't looking as good as they could be...

only with Visual Studio under Windows
    Thats a surprise - a LOT of development nowadays is done under Mac and Linux - especially for a linux target like android.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

In theory, it is not possible for you to see those posts - interesting
    I'm moderator in ZenGL part of forum, so I see these messages...

Blog Entries
    Ah, makes sense.

I just leave it here
    // yeah, I know, there is a small bug with 2D-camera - it just doesn't reinitialize for newer resolution )

Wow! Wow! Wow! =)

Very impressive!!! And It seems rock fast!! =)

I can't wait to test it! =P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast