Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android Support

Finally ZenGL got an Android 2.1+ support in latest svn revision. You can grab it from here with your svn client:
    http://zengl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Standard demo05 for learning how to use ZenGL with Android is placed here. Just unpack it somewhere and import into Eclipse - File->New->Project->Android Project and choose "Create project from existing source":

Then choose some other options like Android SDK and so on. Next step - download from here project for Lazarus(also there is a Makefile). Unpack it into demos directory of ZenGL svn working copy. Open demo05.lpi in Lazarus and change path to lib directory and libdl.so to your own from yours Android NDK:

Compile and copy all *.so libraries into TestZenGL/libs/armeabi. So, now you can start to test it on your device or emulator

PS: Everything was tested with FreePascal compiled from fixes_2_6 branch. Any other details like "How to setup Eclipse with Android SDK/NDK on my OS" and "How to compile FreePascal for ARM on my OS" are not a topics of this topic, so... maybe later I will try to prepare some notes in wiki for Linux/Windows, but due to lack of time I don't know when I will do this.
    Last edited by Andru; 27-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.

congratulation , good news , i'll check if i could make something visual with Android

i've a question :
    why Zengl dosen't have a Net Feature Till now ? .

why Zengl dosen't have a Net Feature Till now ?
    Because I never do things "for fun" in which I'm not interested

Very interesting. Good to see they made OpenAL work on android.

Another question: You probably encountered some problems while you made ZenGL ready for android. Can you tell me how you debugged your code? I've been looking for a good way to do it, but the only method I know is just to write to the log. Did you find any other way to catch bugs on android?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I haven't tried this, but I didn't tried it and with iOS And yes, currently I use only logging. But as I know, debugging even C/C++ code is not so simple.

More improvements:
    - now multi-threaded resource loading works
    - ZenGL will not check EGL(no need in it)

Still don't know what to do with "OpenGL context lost"... I don't like an idea to reload every texture...

I am going to try to make a simple game like "Whack-A- Mole" with this. Works pretty smooth with LG GT540 - Android 2.1

I returned to Android development and implemented virtual kayboard A bit updated old demo is here. It uses the same scene with penguins, plays music in separate thread and shows virtual keyboard(with handling text input) after tapping on blue square. All changes can be found in latest svn revision of ZenGL.
    Last edited by Andru; 16-03-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast