Thread: Asphyre Sphinx 2 has been released.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    For the record, when you say it requires Delphi XE 2 with Update 1, does that mean I can't use any other version of Delphi with AS2?
    Edit:In my first post I forgot to clarify the supported platforms and compilers, sorry. I've been posting all this in a hurry. After some checking, indeed Delphi XE 2 seems to be minimal Delphi version supported, although Delphi XE may work for 32-bit platform only. Earlier versions do not have DirectX headers supplied with them.

In addition, it also works for FPC/Lazarus on Windows platform using DX10+ providers. DX7 and DX9 providers are unavailable because the headers are not included (though they can be taken from previous Asphyre release). Other platforms for FPC/Lazarus are not implemented because Asphyre uses FireMonkey on Mac OS and iOS for device management. However, to make Asphyre work in FPC/Lazarus on other platforms such as Mac OS and Linux, minimal work is required as you only need to port OpenGL provider (Windows OpenGL provider or OpenGL ES 2.0 provider can be used as references for this). Asphyre itself compiles nicely in FreePascal using Delphi compiler mode; this is actually how it works on iOS since FireMonkey is compiled using FPC on this platform.
    Last edited by LP; 06-11-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: updated minimal Delphi requirements, BDS 2006 and 2007 are definitely not supported.