Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asphyre Sphinx 2 has been released.

I have added a new article to Asphyre's wiki explaining about using Asphyre on iOS.

Awesome lifepower - how are you finding iOS speed wise? Is asphyre able to generate sufficient FPS? When are you going to have your first game out on the iPad?
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Awesome lifepower - how are you finding iOS speed wise? Is asphyre able to generate sufficient FPS? When are you going to have your first game out on the iPad?
    It is difficult to judge the performance on iOS because VSync seems to be forced on, so frame rate is limited to 60 FPS. However, relatively complex scenes don't seem to suffer from any performance issues even on older iPod Touch. I would say that iOS devices are quite capable of some even more advanced tasks. However, the power consumption and battery drain are more important issues to consider, which we haven't checked well yet.

It takes significantly more time to develop a project for iOS, however, because a single compilation in FPC takes several minutes and before that you need to move the project from Windows to Mac; instead you could work in XCode, but it's code editor is too crippled. For our incoming online game we are trying to provide iOS client, although it is going slowly.

Hopefully EMB will implement as simpler compile system for iOS similar to compiling for MacOS. I am avoiding iOS at the momemnt as I am trying to get a MacOS project finished. I am finding that at the moment I am stumbling from one problem to the next. Issues as simple as copying a file from a to b need to be researched and checked and that all takes way more time than I had anticipated.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Hopefully EMB will implement as simpler compile system for iOS similar to compiling for MacOS. I am avoiding iOS at the momemnt as I am trying to get a MacOS project finished. I am finding that at the moment I am stumbling from one problem to the next. Issues as simple as copying a file from a to b need to be researched and checked and that all takes way more time than I had anticipated.
    I agree. I think iOS itself is a great platform, I really like its architecture. However, being tied up to an older XCode version with a long and complicated compilation process makes the development somewhat difficult.

Asphyre Sphinx v2.0.2 is now available.

New version of Asphyre Sphinx v2.0.2 is now available, which includes some minor fixes and additions.

The following is the list of changes:

• Fixed texturing issue in FireMonkey platform when using Delphi XE 2 with Update 4.
    • Added support for render targets on Windows and Mac OS when using FireMonkey.
    • Added support for Vampyre Imaging Library to load external PNG files. The internal PNG loading approach provided by Delphi itself had alpha-channel issues. All tools have been recompiled to use Vampyre Imaging library.
    • Added support for Turbo Delphi, BDS 2006, Delphi 2007, 2010 and XE. Make sure to copy files from Legacy folder to Source, if you plan using these versions. Only DirectX 9 and OpenGL providers will be available though.
    • FreePascal/Lazarus can be used if Delphi compatibility mode is set for the entire framework by using Legacy folder from above. More complete support of other providers (e.g. DirectX 7) is planned for the next release.

You can download the new version here.

good news and thanks for BDS 2006 support (my best version of delphi)
    but why can't use dx10 & 11 providers with BDS2006 ?

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    but why can't use dx10 & 11 providers with BDS2006 ?
    Asphyre uses DirectX headers that were made by John Bladen for Delphi XE. They need some minor modifications to be used in earlier versions. And I agree that BDS 2006/2007 are the best versions if you only need to develop for 32-bit Windows platform.

Asphyre Sphinx 2.0.3

This is yet another bug-fix release of Asphyre Sphinx 2, which addresses some of the issues caused by using the latest Delphi XE 2 with Update 4.

The following are the issues that were fixed:

* Fixed issue of clearing depth/stencil buffers for Direct3D 9 in FireMonkey-based applications on Windows.
    * Fixed issue when black screen appeared in FireMonkey-based applications running on Mac platform, while using Delphi XE 2 and its PAServer with Update 4.

You can download the latest version here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12