Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going pro 8)

Going pro 8)

Computer Graphics doesn't always mean to learn stuff about hardware that you allready know:

I'm studying Multimedia Engineering in Bremen and we had a computer graphics course in the last semester which was very interesting. The prof new exactly what he was talking about and the topics were cutting edge! We had to code a couple of samples to pass the course (I'm still at the last one: Shadow Mapping via HLSL) in DirectX & C# and they were pretty cool: Radiosity, Subdivision-Surfaces, Shader-Stuff, (simple) Motion-Capturing, Flocking etc...

So, I'm really happy with my studys and I hope for you, Mrwb, that "Games and multi-media programming" is as cool as it sounds!

-lith
    programming is more than copy and paste!

Going pro 8)

Thanks lithander and holybyte I'm in the middle of the moving process right now, really stressfull... Semester starts in 12 days, so my time is starting to run out.. I just hope It'll be as much fun as it sounds
    BK - we.create (tm)

Blog Entries

Re: Going pro 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwb
    The only downside is, during the first semester I'll be using Java, and the rest, C++. So that means much less Delphi.. I'm so exited I can hardly wait
    Thats good news Mrwb! A delayed congrats on the course. It might help you out to get a copy of Borland's C++ Builder. If you have to work in C++ you might as well work in an enviroment that is appealing at least. MS compilers suck the big one in this respect.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: Going pro 8)

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Thats good news Mrwb! A delayed congrats on the course. It might help you out to get a copy of Borland's C++ Builder. If you have to work in C++ you might as well work in an enviroment that is appealing at least. MS compilers suck the big one in this respect.
    Thanks! I have both C++ Builder and Visual C++. C++ Builder is the best by far. I actually started out with that, then migrated to Delphi. Too bad the MS compiler is more or less the standard compiler, most examples/books out there uses it. I remember trying to get the DirectX SDK working in C++ Builder, now _that_ was a really painfull process. But it worked eventually..
    BK - we.create (tm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12