Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pascal Gamer Magazine Issue 4 Needs Content: Want to write an article?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Would you be interested in including this article in the next isue of Pascal Game Magazine. If so please do tell me till when I need to finish the article.
    Yes, that would be an excellent idea for an article! 'How to make a combat system for your own RPG Project' has a nice ring to it. In fact I would like more things like that in each issue since it's a GAME development magazine. I think sometimes articles focus too much on API and libraries and porting to platforms and code when the really good stuff is in designing the mechanics and structure of different games. As far as deadlines go, I'd like to have it by the end of December if that is possible.

Paul: Hey that's no problem. Like I said by the end of this month is best because I can take all the submitted articles and work on them while I'm away. I don't know what my internet will be like when I'm gone so getting it all in before hand is best.

Again, in case you missed my email address it's contact@pascalgamer.com. Send all submissions to me here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Paul: Hey that's no problem. Like I said by the end of this month is best because I can take all the submitted articles and work on them while I'm away. I don't know what my internet will be like when I'm gone so getting it all in before hand is best.

Again, in case you missed my email address it's contact@pascalgamer.com. Send all submissions to me here.
    Cool! I will get it done ASAP

Have a great Christmas (or holidays) and a happy new year!

@WILL: I have emailed you my article, please let me know if you want changes!!

cheers,
    Paul

I'm quite confident that I'll finish it til the end of December.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    @WILL: I have emailed you my article, please let me know if you want changes!!
    Thanks Paul! I got your article and I'll look it over today.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Hey will, about the android tutorial, I'm in france at the moment and although its been going nicely so far I suspect that due to me not having 24/7 access to the web and having to decorate a house I may be a day or two into next week. Of course if that causes any problems I can still push for sunday completion...
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Ok that sounds fine Ben. Just whatever you do, don't forget about it altogether.

Is everyone else writing their articles right now? So far I have 3 and 1 in the pipes. Gonna need more than that to make an issue.

Also I've just picked out the next issue's feature, one which I think you'll all like to hear about. But I'm not telling, it'll be a surprise for release day.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I could write an iOS tutorial either for games using either OpenGL ES 2.0 or Apple's UIKit with Xcode and FreePascal 2.6rc1, if I find some time.
    I have some material on the same theme, but I think Stoney is the authority on the whole chain (all the way to App Store, right?). Maybe I could follow-up on how to write iOS games "totally different"?

What I could cover includes:

- Installing FPC for iOS.
    - How to develop for iOS without Xcode.
    - Wrapping Cocoa for cross-platform development (games as well as standard GUIs).
    - Porting Mac applications/games to iOS.

and maybe some more from there. Game development with FPC in the Mac would be possible too, of course. And I could even write about what it was like to write and publish a successful game engine for the Mac in the 90's, if anyone wants to read about it. And a bit of GPU computing on the top, maybe.

It is a matter of finding time, of course, but also about what people really want to read. Very much the latter, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    I have some material on the same theme, but I think Stoney is the authority on the whole chain (all the way to App Store, right?). Maybe I could follow-up on how to write iOS games "totally different"?

What I could cover includes:

- Installing FPC for iOS.
    - How to develop for iOS without Xcode.
    - Wrapping Cocoa for cross-platform development (games as well as standard GUIs).
    - Porting Mac applications/games to iOS.

and maybe some more from there. Game development with FPC in the Mac would be possible too, of course.
    That sounds very useful, not that I have a iOS to play with LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    And I could even write about what it was like to write and publish a successful game engine for the Mac in the 90's, if anyone wants to read about it.
    I would really love to read about this topic

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Is everyone else writing their articles right now? So far I have 3 and 1 in the pipes. Gonna need more than that to make an issue.
    I am writing up my article now that I finally have some free time. I should be done by the 31st or the 1st. Hopefully the way I am doing this will make your life a bit easier.

edit: Any specific length requirements? My article is shaping up to be kind of lengthy, and I imagine once it's converted to PDF it'll appear even larger.
    Last edited by dazappa; 31-12-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast