Thread: Text based Rpg Game - Mayley's Story: Nots of a Champion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Feedback wanted]Rpg Game - Test V1 released

Mayley's Story : Notes of a Champion

So after getting bored over the weekend i have endorsed on an adventure to code my own little text based game for some entertainment when i get bored, but also to fill my spare time up.

This page will be used as a to-do list but also to post updates and diary entries.

[spoiler]18/12/2011:
    Began work on the game properly. Started the skeleton code of what i want to happen and hows it going to happen.
    Talking to reqium we sorted out the name - Mayley's Story : Notes of a Champion
    Continuation after 2 hours sleep and 12 hours rest.
    The Combat system is at a half decent step. I'm having trouble getting the random damage for mobs to calculate properly and the advancement of player damage when leveling up which is causing a slight problem as damage is predictable in turn making fights easy. On another note i was able to get a mob declaration system sorted as to where you can increase the amount of mobs you would like to add into the game.
    The Leveling System is done with thanks to a friend who supplied me with some simple maths at 6:00am for me to level the stats up with 5 lines of program for as many levels as i wish instead of manually defining it. We also implemented a resting system where the player can check out his/her stats and restore hp.

In addition to this while at work today i was thinking about a proper stat system for the player where they can add attributes to certain skills which would affect the default attributes, as well as this i thought about having races that would come with attribute bonus'. I also pondered on the thought of having an armour system to reduce the amount of damage taken from each attack type.[/spoiler]

Update 12/01/2012
    So today after several weeks of exams i have been able to get back into my game. Finally finished the combat system that'll be used in my questing system i'm going to be using but is still in development - It will incorporate 5 or 6 progression quests with 1 or 2 repeatable quests to level up, not really sure what i plan on doing with the quests other than having story development and mob fights. Other than that yeah

Test version 2

Red - Mostly complete or finished
    Green - Started
    Blue - Not started
    Todo:
    Combat
    Leveling
    Resting
    Mobs
    Player allocated Atributes

Quests

Quest
    Items
    Potions
    Saving
    Last edited by Mayley; 12-01-2012 at 07:40 PM.