Thread: Text based Rpg Game - Mayley's Story: Nots of a Champion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok the site at the moment just browsing.

Update:
    The Combat system is at a half decent step. I'm having trouble getting the random damage for mobs to calculate properly and the advancement of player damage when leveling up which is causing a slight problem as damage is predictable in turn making fights easy. On another note i was able to get a mob declaration system sorted as to where you can increase the amount of mobs you would like to add into the game.
    The Leveling System is done with thanks to a friend who supplied me with some simple maths at 6:00am for me to level the stats up with 5 lines of program for as many levels as i wish instead of manually defining it. We also implemented a resting system where the player can check out his/her stats and restore hp.

In addition to this while at work today i was thinking about a proper stat system for the player where they can add attributes to certain skills which would affect the default attributes, as well as this i thought about having races that would come with attribute bonus'. I also pondered on the thought of having an armour system to reduce the amount of damage taken from each attack type.
    Last edited by Mayley; 18-12-2011 at 11:44 PM.