Thread: Text based Rpg Game - Mayley's Story: Nots of a Champion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have no idea how to add graphics i'm looking it up as for the monster counter ill work on it.

Update 12/01/2012
    So today after several weeks of exams i have been able to get back into my game. Finally finished the combat system that'll be used in my questing system i'm going to be using but is still in development - It will incorporate 5 or 6 progression quests with 1 or 2 repeatable quests to level up, not really sure what i plan on doing with the quests other than having story development and mob fights. Other than that yeah

Newest version

http://www.mediafire.com/?k2apld6t8c2zti8

Blog Entries
    Glad to see that game is progressing. I'd really recommend that you offer a zip or rar file instead of a direct exe though. As all things internet go, an uncompressed exe file is put up to the maximum of suspicion as many forms of malware and viruses are distributed this way.

Also why not make a video of your game running in a terminal/console? I understand that it's only text-based, but it can still be of benefit to have a video showing your work and YouTube accounts are free.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

well, i dont really care about my computer so i downloaded the .exe i could be running DDoS attacks to the FBI for all i know

i see you got rid of the monster counter, now everything is working although there is some grammar errors like theif instead of thief and damge instead of damage. Also you forgot to format how the real type variables are displayed when leveling up "show stats"

here are some suggestions: use the clrscr function to clean the screen after every action to keep the litter low and ask the user if they want to continue fighting or not when a monster is defeated