These are things people have been foolishly saying about Pascal for years. I bare them no significance. Pascal game programming is a staple that will remain for years. We would just all like it to grow more over time of course.

I think this can and will happen through education, exposure and great development tools for the many advanced Pascal languages that are out there now.

And since this is a competition for Pascal programmers/developers this should help cover the exposure part pretty well and maybe/hopefully the education part in the spirit of sharing source and/or techniques used in making your games.

I'm sure I don't need to say that a Pascal-based language is a must for this competition. Though the end result can be Java byte-code or HTML5/JavaScript as long as the tools that allow you to generate the game in these interpreted platforms are used. Namely Smart Mobile Studio (aka Object Pascal for JavaScript) and Oxygene for Java.

I've also informed Dr. Norman Morrison and his students from his school program and some of them should be interested in taking part as well. Fresh minds with new ideas.

I'm hoping to do these mini competition more frequently too.