Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Mas 2011: What did you get/are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well! I have so little time to play, but on the free time I'm playing Zelda Skyward Sword on Nintendo Wii and after finish this I have Star Wars - Force Unleashed 1 to play on my XBox 360 (I have already finished this on the Playstation 2 years ago, but the Xbox version seems to be very different).

I got a Neo FreeRunner that I plan to write an OS for(in pascal of course)
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Okay, if that counts, I will start playing the Ukulele tomorrow ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

I mostly played Orc must Die this christmas and besides that, I played other Steam games to get some prizes from the Great Gift Pile.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Hey all,
    I have been rather enjoying my new xmas present - the Doctor Who: The Complete Davros Collection!!
    Davros_Collection.jpg

Woo hoo! I have wanted that box set for a couple of years now, and my wife managed to get it off Ebay

I have already watched 3 of the 5 Dr Who stories in it and watched some of the extras...very cool stuff

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 30-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.

No computer games for me, but my son got an Xbox 360 with Kinect and Halo 3. The Kinect was for me, I will use it from my Mac, for development experiments. I was reluctant to buy an Xbox, since I am not a Microsoft guy and we already have a Wii, but the Kinect is interesting and my son really longed for the later Halo games.

But the biggest theme this year was board games:

- Euphrates & Tigris, popular game.
    - TransEuropa, simple and fast track-laying game, surprisingly enjoyable.
    - China, interesting build-for-points game.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    I got a Neo FreeRunner that I plan to write an OS for(in pascal of course)
    Are you serious? Isn't that a rather daunting task even for a phone? But it would most likely beat Android pretty seriously, performance-wise.

I did not get anything, as there is no tradition of gift-giving for holidays in my family (and generally where I'm from). I did buy the Humble Indie Bundle 4, and I'm gonna play the games as soon as I find some time (it's hectic these days).

I kinda went the other way, I got my father Crysis 2. Pondered Shogun 2 for a while, as he is a big fan of the whole Total War series, but that one was a bit too expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    Are you serious? Isn't that a rather daunting task even for a phone? But it would most likely beat Android pretty seriously, performance-wise.
    It is, but I think it is possible. And I know it'll be fun trying at least
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast