Thread: X-Mas 2011: What did you get/are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    Also am planning to purchase X-Plane to practice as one of my plans for the next year is to take flight courses. (Just hope to pass the damn medical test as my 90% vision is not getting any better and have mild hypertension.)
    I tried X-Plane by one of my firends about a year ago and I must say that I was disapointed about the game realism.
    For instance when you stall a plane by reducing the airspeed the plane's nose just suddenly drops down, while with real plane the plane will always roll to the lef or to the right before the nose will drop down. Also in certain conditions the real plane's nose wont drop down but the plane will stil begin faling down (asending with a verry steep angle). If you try this in X-PLane the plane's nose will just drop down.
    While cockpit instruments do look realistic, they doesn't represent the real layout.
    Also if my memory serves me corect X-Plane doesn't support radio comunication simulation.
    For long time Flight Unlimited 3 has been considered to have the most realistic radio comunication simulation. The game supported "Ground controll" comunication, "Tower comunication" and even "Area approach" comunication. Area approach has been done well enough to guide you from one airport to another without any problem even warning you when another plane was in your close vicinity. In one instance it even guided me safetly around the storm that was between my starting position and my destination.
    I belive that latest Microsoft Flight Simulator simulates radio comunication even better than Flight Unlimited 3 but I haven't try it jet.

sinking many hours into Skyrim - awesome game
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg