Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Mas 2011: What did you get/are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Didn't get anything worth mentioning at christmas... umm, chocolate? But there are 2 games that have stood out for me during December: Skyrim and Portal 2. (I only play PC games...)

And now back to coding I'm at a turning point with my game engine where i have fixed all bugs that i got with model class overhaul, and started adding new features.

Friendly TIP: Be very careful with "with...do" statement! Especially if you resize arrays (that you use in the statement itself) inside it.
    Last edited by User137; 28-12-2011 at 08:49 AM.

I got Epic Mickey, an anime series, a DVD, bluetooth adapter, wireless Wii sensor bar, and a Logitech G500 gaming mouse. I don't really play a lot of mouse-intensive games, but I'm extremely hard on keyboards and mice, so with my recent upgrades of both, I'm hoping I can get 2-3 years out of them. Also, the mouse is super comfy and supports lots of goodies I will never utilize fully (e.g. macros and about 4000dpi more than I need ). It also came with some weights so I was able to make the mouse feel perfect.

Well, I'm probably old fashioned, but I'm against gaming consoles just as I'm against social networks, so no, I don't have any. Am trying to stay away from them like a plague.

During the entire Christmas I've spent most of my time writing research project and work plan, but in the free time been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadows of Chernobyl. I own other two sequels in the series (Clear Sky and Call for Pripyat), but this original game is what I like the most. It's scary environment (just being inside of Lab X-18 can scare the hell out of you the first time you play it), excellent atmosphere, realistic ballistics and high replayability makes it one of my favorite first person shooters.

Also am planning to purchase X-Plane to practice as one of my plans for the next year is to take flight courses. (Just hope to pass the damn medical test as my 90% vision is not getting any better and have mild hypertension.)

Well! I have so little time to play, but on the free time I'm playing Zelda Skyward Sword on Nintendo Wii and after finish this I have Star Wars - Force Unleashed 1 to play on my XBox 360 (I have already finished this on the Playstation 2 years ago, but the Xbox version seems to be very different).

I got a Neo FreeRunner that I plan to write an OS for(in pascal of course)
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Okay, if that counts, I will start playing the Ukulele tomorrow ...
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

I mostly played Orc must Die this christmas and besides that, I played other Steam games to get some prizes from the Great Gift Pile.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Hey all,
    I have been rather enjoying my new xmas present - the Doctor Who: The Complete Davros Collection!!
    Davros_Collection.jpg

Woo hoo! I have wanted that box set for a couple of years now, and my wife managed to get it off Ebay

I have already watched 3 of the 5 Dr Who stories in it and watched some of the extras...very cool stuff

cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 30-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.

No computer games for me, but my son got an Xbox 360 with Kinect and Halo 3. The Kinect was for me, I will use it from my Mac, for development experiments. I was reluctant to buy an Xbox, since I am not a Microsoft guy and we already have a Wii, but the Kinect is interesting and my son really longed for the later Halo games.

But the biggest theme this year was board games:

- Euphrates & Tigris, popular game.
    - TransEuropa, simple and fast track-laying game, surprisingly enjoyable.
    - China, interesting build-for-points game.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware View Post
    I got a Neo FreeRunner that I plan to write an OS for(in pascal of course)
    Are you serious? Isn't that a rather daunting task even for a phone? But it would most likely beat Android pretty seriously, performance-wise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast