Thread: FPC 2.6.0 released!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Now this looks nice. Although its more work for me: any tests I wanted to do on the APT versions for my article are going to change. Guess I could futureproof and base it around fpc 2.6.0 now though! Excellent news
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

I've been using FPC 2.6 since RC1 was available and I absolutely love it. I really hope those who are still using Delphi 7 switch to FPC 2.6.0, as FPC supports more language features than Delphi 7 does.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Awesome! I like the delphi compatible generics very much! Now its way easier to make code more reusable, yet portable without the ugly hacks.

Many kudo's for the FPC-devels
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Was going to install this but then ended up going straight to SVN 2.7.1

Great news.
    I will give it a try, delphi compatible generics is great.
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Well, that can be a little tough call, to drop Delphi 7 compatibility from own code, or my game library... But i can admit vector and matrix math would become easier with operator overloading.

Note that 2.6.0 branched from trunk in August. If you are big on generics and encounter problems, try 2.7.1