Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Blog Entries

Post Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Important - The links etc. in this post may no longer be valid - AthenaOfDelphi (PGD Community Manager)

Hello all new members and a very warm welcome to Pascal Game Development, or PGD for short.

This is a friendly community of game, library and tool developers who use Pascal-based languages to program. I think it's safe to say that this community is rather unique in both context and range of it's members. There is everyone from students to professional game developers who work on games for a living right here in the very community you have become a part of. And we are always looking to meet new Pascal developers and see some of the cool things that you are working on.

First few things to do here:

This is a great community, but it also has a lot of features and information that might not stand out as well as we had hoped. In an effort to help guide you a bit before you start exploring the site, here are a few things you might want to check out first!

1. Have a read of the FAQ; (There is a link under the Forum tab of the site menu!)

2. Make your first post here by clicking the Reply button!
      • This is important as it will allow us to know you want to be un-moderated and start posting on the site!
      • This also allows you to introduce yourself and start meeting other developers on the site.

3. Bookmark us! (You will want to come back and visit often don't you?)

4. Come back later and check back up on us. It may take a bit of time to approve your posts and set you as a Regular Member, but unless you come back, it won't do you any good. And we really do want you to be a member of the site!
      • Besides just forums, we also post exciting news and announcements on the site's home page!
      • Each month I post a News Round-up informing you what happened in the last little while. (Can you tell what my gaming/geeky t-shirts are from?)
      • There is an RSS Feed you can subscribe to!

A Note on Spam:

Another thing our members enjoy is the complete lack of visible spam in our forums! Not every forum can say the same. Look for some, we dare you! You can email either myself at contact@pascalgamer.com or any of the other staff at PGD and we'll do our best to find out how it got there, remove it and prevent it from showing up again.

We would like to make your use of PGD as nice and friendly as possible, however the only sure way to keep the spammers from getting to you is to be 100% sure that you are indeed human before letting you post anywhere on the site. Spam bots are getting smarter and are learning to get past even the most renowned "human verification" measures such as even Google's reCAPTCHA. As such the only way to keep them out completely is to put an actual person on it.

Fear not, we won't forget about you and we do frequent check-ups on the site to approve posts, delete the hidden spam attempts and 'un-moderate' new members. (That's you!)

So please make this thread your first place you post and tell us something about yourself...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dogma View Post
    Howdy Im Jack.
    Hi Jack! Welcome to PGD, you're all setup to post anywhere on the site!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hey ppl :-)

Hello, i am a "pascalprogrammer" from Sweden. I like this page and find it interesting

Peace. / AtWac

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AtWac View Post
    Hello, i am a "pascalprogrammer" from Sweden. I like this page and find it interesting

Peace. / AtWac
    Welcome to PGD!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hello dogma and AtWac!
    No signature provided yet.

Welcome to PGD dogma and AtWac!

Post Hello

My name is Santiago Russo, I am a software developer.
    I am researching midletpascal for use in mobile development.
    Thanks for having me in your community.
    Sorry for my English.

Blog Entries
    Hi Santiago! Welcome to the PGD community.

I have set you up as an un-moderated member of the site now. You can now post anywhere in the forums now.

Please have a look at the Welcome thread in the New Members forum to see how you can get a jump start in the community.

MIDlet Pascal was a pretty neat project while it was commercial. I'm not sure about the activity now that it's open source. Have a good read thru of the MIDlet Pascal threads to see what the latest is. You may have to go to the new site it's self to read more. I think interest has dwindled a little bit in it with all the iOS and Android development using Free Pascal and Oxygene for Java that has started to take off.

What platforms were you interested in developing for?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast