Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi All, lets make games

Hello!

Very excited to be here

regards

Hello

Hello Iam a developper from tunisia

Hi byte!
    Welcome to PGD! I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    Unfortunately I don't have sufficient permisons to unmoderate you myself so you will have to wait a bit till Will or AthenaOfDelphi (site admins) unmoderate you.
    Until then I'm afraid you won't be able to post on the rest of the forum sections.

@byte
    You have now been unmoderated so feel free to post anywhere on the forum.

First post!

Hi there. This is my first post to prove that I'm human and to say hello and introduce myself.I'm trained and self educated in a lot of different languages and disciplines, but for some reason keep coming back to Pascal to solve a problem. Even if it involves porting the Pascal code after I've made it to whatever the program was written in.Currently I'm working on a little project using the Object Pascal extensions of FPC, and Lazarus as my IDE to write a program that is utterly counter intuitive to me. Brutal optimization comes naturally to me, but I'm trying to write something that isn't. It's a sort of tile based game engine like thing using SDL that I'm building up in layers which is admittedly a fairly common technique for me when writing portable code to keep anything that touches the outside world isolated. But this game like thing is focusing on extensibility and maintainability. Not speed. I'm considering what I'd consider a "fork" of my work to turn it into a build-your-own-adventure game using XML to define levels, events, resources etc so pretty much anyone can bash out a game if they have an idea. Admittedly I'm not an XML advocate but it seems like a good way to get structured information into my program and plus it can be read and written easily by pre-existing libs so an IDE based editor built using Lazarus for people that don't want to get their hands dirty at all.If ppcjvm ever supports SDL, and a few other basic necessities I plan on doing a Dalvik VM based port for Android of my idea, plus using fpc to release other from-scratch titles on various platforms including OpenGL based games.If only Bulletlib had pascal bindings and wasn't a shambling mess I'd be in my glory.Also if you are wondering why I'd choose to write an Android game in Pascal rather than Java, it's that I really, really don't like Java. At. All. and for some reason it seems the feeling is mutual.So anyway that's me.

It is really irritating as much as it is a necessity now-a-days

It is really irritating as much as it is a necessity now-a-days

Blog Entries
    Hello emandt, RatCamper and TropicalMonkey! Welcome to PGD. Sorry for the wait!

You are all now able to post elsewhere in the forums and comment on News items.

RatCamper: If you would like to do Android development with Object Pascal, might I recommend looking into Oxygene for Java. RemObjects is a great company and they are expanding the number of platforms that they provide targeting for. So far with their current set of tools you can target .NET/Mono, Java byte-code and Android! Native Mac OS X and iOS targeting is now in beta!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Hello!
    My name is Ilya, I'm from Brest, Belarus.
    I'm searching for my way in pascal coding for high-level projects.
    I'm using DX 9 (just while 11 not translated for pascal) for Windows, and OGLES 2 for Linux.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flydeadman View Post
    Hello!
    My name is Ilya, I'm from Brest, Belarus.
    I'm searching for my way in pascal coding for high-level projects.
    I'm using DX 9 (just while 11 not translated for pascal) for Windows, and OGLES 2 for Linux.
    Hello and welcome to PGD!

I believe that Lifepower has added DirectX 11 support into Asphyre. So you might want to check out that library. Also there are some translated headers by another Russian developer, Clootie who has done some work with DirectX 10, translating demos and headers to Pascal and worked on support for both Delphi and the Free Pascal compilers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast