Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome to PGD!

As mentioned in the email you should have received upon registering to the site, there is a human verification process where we have you at least introduce yourself in this forum thread so that we can at least see that you are indeed a human being and not an evil spam bot.

We have actually gotten over 10 individual spam post attempts today alone and it's just past lunch where I am.

So thank you for bearing with us towards our locked-tight anti-spam procedures. You'll notice that unlike a lot of other web forums, we don't have any lingering spam that even shows up on the forums. This is how we do it. However since you have gone through this, you no longer have to live with the restriction.

So please go ahead and post, ask questions and let us know about all the cool projects you are working on. Also feel free to post images and even links to your own game projects. There are a lot of smart guys that frequent the forums and would love to have a look at what you are doing.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

WILL.
    I didn't mean to be rude or anything. Sorry, if it looks like i was mean or something, i wasn't. Spam verification is very welcome. I have seen good programming boards (dead, but with useful infos) and just full of spam. It was hard to find good topics.

Thank you WILL, for activating me. Soon i will post my projects. I have many of them.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Fung View Post
    I would like to upload some files I download from delphi3d.net few years ago which include its framework, "DOT". Is it legal to upload ?
    I'd think so, most of the stuff that Tom released was under the "I don't really care what you do with it" license.

But I don't know which board I should post the thread. Anybody can help me?
    Probably the Graphics forum?
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by hwnd View Post
    WILL.
    I didn't mean to be rude or anything. Sorry, if it looks like i was mean or something, i wasn't. Spam verification is very welcome. I have seen good programming boards (dead, but with useful infos) and just full of spam. It was hard to find good topics.

Thank you WILL, for activating me. Soon i will post my projects. I have many of them.
    Hey don't worry you haven't been rude at all. I must say that I'm glad you sticked around and figured out how to alert us to your atention. As far as I know the rules weren't so strick at the time you joined us.
    Anywhay I hope you will enjoy your stay with us.

As for the spamming I'm afraid that it will become harder and harder every year to keep theese forum clean.
    If you folow developments on the AI area you probably know that now they have bots which are capable of self lerning (they can learn thinkgs from same manuals as us humans do) and are capable even of having human-like conversation whit you (check http://cleverbot.com/ to se what I mean). To be honest I have already seen several spam posts which indicated that they have been composed by some clever bots to convince us that they are indeed humans.

This is actually scary, we created robots that talk and walk and play. And think. Now they are almost using also internet.
    But they are not physical robots, but just bots, that think and learn how to spam even more. Amazing progress, if we leave out spam. Im wondering what else comes in near future? Hopefully not EOW.

Smile Hello every body

Hi, everybody my name is Richard just become a new member I have been asked to say a big 'Hello'to you all's.

Hi Richard!
    Welcome to PGD! I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible.
    Unfortunately I don't have sufficient permisons to unmoderate you myself so you will have to wait a bit till Will or AthenaOfDelphi (site admins) unmoderate you.
    Until then I'm afraid you won't be able to post on the rest of the forum sections.

Hi Richard, welcome to PGD and I hope you enjoy your stay

cheers,
    Paul

Hi

Hi! Can't wait to post on the forum!

Hi titanicpiano14 or should I say Samantha!
    Welcome to PGD! I hope your stay here would be as pleasent as posible. We could always use some artist helping us make our games even better.
    Unfortunately I don't have sufficient permisons to unmoderate you myself so you will have to wait a bit till Will or AthenaOfDelphi (site admins) comes and unmoderate you.
    Until then I'm afraid you won't be able to post on the rest of the forum sections.

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast