Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre April 2014 - Welcome to PGD! Make your first post here....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi starlord! Welcome to PGD! You have been un-moderated and can now post freely in the forums. Be sure to read the FAQ on the site to familiarize yourself with the community.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

CAREFiSH

Hello there!

Hey there folks,

I've only just picked up Pascal, so far liking what I see! I just started out as a game developer, and I'm always curious 'bout new languages.

Cheers.

Smile Introduction

Hello, allow me to tell you a little bit of story about myself.

When I was small, I love making new levels for lode runner. Since then I always love modifying or making new levels on any games that possible. After that I started programming games from books with BASIC and then Turbo Pascal. I thought, I want to be a computer game programmer. However, as I got older I started to realise that it was not a realistic career prospect at the time. So after I graduate from Computer Science, I went to become instead - just a computer programmer.

My job for almost a decade was real-time instrumentation, measurement and control software development in Delphi. For some of the development, I had to learn about OpenGL, which led me to Sulaco's website and in turn got me to GLScene. I was so amazed of how easy it was to put together a 3D scene using it. So in the last couple of years, I spent my spare time studying about computer game programming using GLScene in particular and seriously thinking about becoming a game developer.

I'm not dreaming to become the next Sid Meier, Richard Garriott, Jordan Mechner, or Armağan Yavuz, who was my inspiration. But I surely hope that I can earn a living by doing two things that I love: programming in Pascal and making computer games.

Unfortunately the GLScene development seems to have stopped, so I have to start to look for another tools. Anyway, I've put what I've learned so far on sourceforge : http://sourceforge.net/projects/glsceneodeveh/ and I would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks for reading.

Puslek

Hello Everyone

Hello,

I'm a hobbyist programmer with a lot of experience with Pascal. I'm just getting back into programming (using Delphi XE3). I'm interested in getting into mobile game development with Delphi or FreePascal. I'm using a Mac as my main development machine (with Fusion 5 for Windows development).

Look forward to some good discussions.

Happy Holidays.

Chuzpah

Hello

Hello, I am new to pascal programming, I have done quite a bit of programming in C, but want to learn more about programming in pascal. I don't know a whole lot about game development, I've never written any games, other then a simple guess the number game, on my calculator a long time ago, but would like to learn more about programming games in pascal.

Intro

Hello,
    I am an Electrical Engineer with a background in c programming, and have just started programming in pascal. I don't know a lot about game development, I've only programmed a few simple games on my calculator back in High School. But I am interested in learning more about creating games using pascal.

Hi guys.

I am definitely not a new user but I can not post Could you fix my permissions?

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi wodzu, am looking into it... please check your PMs.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Thank you Athena.

It is working now.

Hello !

I'm not a number, I'm a free man !

Author of FlashPascal (http://flashpascal.execute.re) I'd like to participate to this thread
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...Pascal-program

Regards from France
    Paul

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast