Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S3M or MOD Pascal/Delphi player library with source code (no DLL/SO!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Carver413 View Post
    well I suppose if you ported for us, that would be easy. and while your at it would mind porting this as well
    http://mary.dfki.de/
    I would really like to have this for my rpg engine if I ever get it done.
    Sorry, I don't know Java, but I'm sure there was a text-to-speech component some where and it use the microsoft engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    And I only wrote my opinion about that source code. But your "Man, it's source code" made me to expand my answer, because I thought you don't understand how bad is situation with that source code for porting... Sorry if it was a bit harsh
    No problem. I think it is not that bad. Will try to port it when I have some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    And the topic is "S3M or MOD"...
    Well, I remember when I used to play on Amiga, there only were mod files, then some clever people made some improvements to that format to include at first more channels, then better samples and finally more effects. Actually, the more complete format today is XM. The popular ones that survived until today are MOD, S3M, IT and XM. Basicly all of them are the same kind, tracked songs, each format has a few special features, but all of them has in common samples and track data. It has sense when you write a player to be able to play at least that 4 ones.

One thing I miss is a good tracker on Windows (yes, I use that to develop).

Blog Entries
    To be fair - it would be a godsend to find/make a library that plays those formats with nothing more than the FCL supplied with FPC - Pseudo 100% portability!
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch View Post
    To be fair - it would be a godsend to find/make a library that plays those formats with nothing more than the FCL supplied with FPC - Pseudo 100% portability!
    Well the pascal library that ReBo (Benjamin) wrote which plays S3M, MOD (and I think XM) formats for starters is written using purer Pascal, and runs under Win32, Android, and I think Linux 32/64 bit

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123