Yup, its come this... The article for PGD gamer has taken a turn for the worse. The wiki instructions worked once and once only - I got one APK out and the next F8 key later it was crash this, error that... Of course, I tried trawling over the darn pages again and again, but a human can only hit his head against a wall so many times before going insane, so here's where I'm at (where I think I know it all works well):

Setup:
Virtual machine of x86 Linux Mint 11 (its 100% ubuntu compatible so no problems there, just better performance )
A copy of the Android NDK and SDK (its possible the NDK is a little iffy but the emulator and what not works)
A copy of freepascal 2.6.0 for x86 from the freepascal.org deb files
A copy of the Sun java 6 sdk from the APT repo

What doesn't seem to work:
The scripts detailed on this page: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/S...ompile_For_ARM seem to be a little dated. I had a go at fixing up the paths and running through it manually but I get hangs during compilations, random errors from code and missing files... Reminds one of the DLL hell you could get from windows 95....

Anyone here have a detailed procedure on their setup with FPC (or lazarus) for cross compiling to android they'd be willing to share by any chance? I'm in a state of denial about surrendering my article to the trash can because FPC is playing hard to get - as am I about publishing faulty instructions!

Frustration....