Thread: Problems installing GlScene :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problems installing GlScene :(

Hi, im having some problems installing glscene for lazarus, and hope someone can help me.
    I downloaded GlScene, and opened the glScene_designtime package for lazarus, and tried to install it, and compiled the IDE. I got these errormessages:
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1257,11) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "SinCos(const Double,out Double,out Double);"
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1265,11) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "SinCos(const Double,const Double,out Double,out Double);"
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1369,10) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "MinFloat(const Double,const Double)ouble;"
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1372,10) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "MinFloat(const Double,const Double,const Double)ouble;"
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1381,10) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "MaxFloat(const Double,const Double)ouble;"
    C:\Data\Pascal\GLScene\Source\Base\VectorGeometry. pas(1384,10) Error: Function is already declared Public/Forward "MaxFloat(const Double,const Double,const Double)ouble;"
    Could someone please have a look at what im doing wrong / what is wrong? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by T-Bear; 08-03-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm... looks like you should put your error messages in a textbox so they don't get all messed up like that.

Have you found a solution or are you still having trouble with installing GLScene?

Similar issues with other libraries have taught me that you might not have all the proper paths entered into your includes path for your project. Have a look under Project -> Compiler Options... and give them a look over.

(This is partially a bump to help increase it's visibility. )
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sorry that i respond so late.

@WILL:
    No it still doent work. Do you know how i have to configure the paths?

Is it possible that there is something wrong with the code?

Hi T-Bear,
    I guess you are using FPC 2.6.0. There is something problematic with that and GLScene. I installed FPC 2.4.4 and the Lazarus version with that (0.9.30.2 I guess) and GLScene was compiled and installed. Also, just today I have found this thread and this may hold the key for a successful FPC 2.6 based installation. I did not try it yet, but it was the errors I encountered if I recall correctly. (Go down on the thread though.)
    http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index....c,14676.0.html
    Hope this helps.
    Anil
    PS. Sorry for the probable mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.