It doesn't have to be Image of the Week. It could be just a random image from random project. This will help promote users projects a lot. And it would be best if clicking on image would take wiever to site with short description of the project or even better to projects website if it has one.
Hmm yeah we could just make it something like a Screenshot Showcase instead. Adding a box to the front page showing the "Current Screenshot Showcase" would be easy and I can custom-make the script to upload the images, etc...
Submissions could use a form and accept a screenshot, caption, project url/homepage. I could then tie it into the PGD site it's self, but have it separate, much like the AJAX Chat system works. Only it would enforce loggin in.
Well it wouldn't be random the way I was thinking of it. We could have a minimum amount of time it gets to stay up there then when the next person (in a queue) submits their screenshot it becomes the profiled screenshot with caption and description kind of like IOTW/D, etc but without the pretense that it's a specific amount of time. IF there are no more submissions for a while the last one sticks around (including the time period its given to stay up there) until someone submits a new one.
1) I find this very interesting but I havn't taken the time to figure out exactly how to work with 64-bit code. I suppose it is just a compilation switch and making sure that records have proper sizes. From there, as you say, performance questions. But I missed your thread about it.
2) Couldn't care less. If I do MSW programming I use OpenGL anyway.
3) My main target, but uncommon on this forum. Sadly, FPC game developers on the Mac are few.
4) I have worked quite a bit on iOS code, including iOS support in my IDE project, but this too doesn't seem to be what this forum is really about.
5) Database support might be fun, if I had any important application for them.
6) Publishing is indeed important, as if I had the time to finish a game to sellable state...
7) Delphi only? No thanks.
Math tools are really important.
A little bit of these issues can be addressed with forum organization. I don't think there are any Mac or iOS sections, but there are so many odd sections that it is hard to navigate.
Also, what about to keep a list of projects similar to the Depot of Allegro.cc? Is there a plug-in for vBulletin we can use?
Right now I'm unemployed, so may be I can help. I haven't experience with vBulletin (except as moderator) but I did work with PHP for the last 6 years.
Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 19-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
No signature provided yet.
One more thing... Where is "subscribe to thread"? Any forum must make E-mailed notifications today to keep up with FB. And it must be default to get notifications.