Thread: Increasing traffic on PGD...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Hmm yeah we could just make it something like a Screenshot Showcase instead.
    That could be used as a fallback, but IME screenshot showcases don't draw the same kind of interest/discussions, because they're not "news", but more like a rotating banner/add/random pic.

Blog Entries
    Well it wouldn't be random the way I was thinking of it. We could have a minimum amount of time it gets to stay up there then when the next person (in a queue) submits their screenshot it becomes the profiled screenshot with caption and description kind of like IOTW/D, etc but without the pretense that it's a specific amount of time. IF there are no more submissions for a while the last one sticks around (including the time period its given to stay up there) until someone submits a new one.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

GDR: Game Developer's Refuge

Not sure if it's the best place to put this, but in the last months I've added the GDR: Game Developer's Refuge site on my RSS to follow the development of the Moai tool, and it looks a nice place. I'm tempted to join-in myself.
    No signature provided yet.