View Poll Results: Are you ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It's about time.

4 40.00%
  • No. Not a good time!

2 20.00%
  • Not the best time, but it's happening at least...

4 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is everybody ready for a new PGD Challenge?

Blog Entries

Question Is everybody ready for a new PGD Challenge?

So is everybody ready for another exciting PGD Challenge? Is it too soon after the Ludum Dare 22? Is your rig not setup yet? Too close to Christmas; Latest gift going to take over instead? Is this actually the perfect time while you have some time off?

Sadly I am not going to do another PGD Annual like I mentioned for November, there just wasn't enough time to organize it. Further to that the use of the brand "Annual" doesn't fit as it's not possible to run a yearly competition like that with full sponsorship and a only one guy organizing things. Such an endeavor is the task for a small team at least.

Maybe sometime in the future I'll get a small group together to organize a prize winning compo, but for now we have the PGD Challenge.

Same idea as before only I'm giving a full month for this one since it is close to Christmas and I know what a new game as a gift would mean for your free time. Also with the theme that I have already picked out, I feel it's the right amount of time to get the game mechanics right. What's the theme? You'll have to wait and see.

I'm hoping for a late December or early January start. Is this too soon? Or is it the perfect time? I'd like to hear from you all.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

for me the perfect time would be after 27. of december
    but since i take some days to think through my idea it wouldnt even hurt if you start it this week

Blog Entries
    It won't be this week. It'll be after xmas.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Not the best time for me but I'll join and try it again.
    No signature provided yet.

Like I said in a different thread, I probably wont be participating. I already have a project I'm working and I do not have time to add another.

I would like to participate in the PGD Challenge.
    End of December/Early January seems, but January is already kinda full for me with Global Game Jam and some work-related stuff.

But my track record of actually finishing a game isn't too good those days.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

i think its ok .and i predict good news will appear in the next year about delphi and PGD

but any idea about the theme ?

Blog Entries
    Oh I know exactly what the theme is, but I'm not telling until the start announcement.

Good things are happening for Object Pascal as a whole. New compilers to work on the new platforms and existing ones we've been asking for for ages. Libraries and API are getting better. New game engines are popping up all over too. This old girl ain't gone on us yet boys and girls.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

It isn't the best time for me. I was hopping to finish one off my projects (program suited for making continuous graphics), but since development almost halted on it I'm afraid that it will take too much time for me to finish it so don't wait for me. I will try to finish it til next PGD competition.
    Anayway ff the teme would seem sutiable for me I'll definitly join up.

Blog Entries
    I think the theme will be approachable by most. It might take some creative thinking, but it doesn't require the most polished graphics or advanced techniques. However if you can do that, that's great.

Unlike the gigantic PGD Annuals we did, the PGD Challenge is meant to be a much smaller task or "challenge" where even a partially completed game has a chance to stand out. And fun too. Not that the big compos weren't, but these you can start em and leave em if you don't want to stick it out with a long project.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast