Thread: How to extract palette indices + colours from ilbm graphics file?

How to extract palette indices + colours from ilbm graphics file?

Hey all,
    I found an Amiga .ilbm (Delux Paint?) file here that uses colour cycling:
    http://www.randelshofer.ch/animation...ing3.ilbm.html

I want to extract the palette indices + colours from the graphics file so I can do a similar thing in a little demo I am making for a Chip16 emulator...

Anyone know how I can do this?

After I get the palette indices from the image I am going to reduce them down to 4-Bit colours, but first I need the values from the image

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks SilverWarior
    I have managed to find an image program (XnView) that has allowed me to open the ilbm file, and I can convert it to a 256 colour BMP, and also see its palette
    I will now look at what colour ranges the CRNG bits use in the image...

Are you sure that ilbm image you have have 256 color palete or even les. Acording to what I read ilbm graphics can also have true color (24bit) color palete. So it is posible that XnView hasn't converted your graphics exactly as it should.

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear about that haha It is a 32 colour ilbm image, but when I convert it to a bmp, then it is a 256 colour image...but I am still only interested in the first 32 colours...the rest of the palette seems to be filled with black

EDIT: It is an Amiga file too, so not sure if it would come in 24bit colour?
    Last edited by paul_nicholls; 24-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.