Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
If you want to be complicated, you can use TCP. But as i said before, you can make applications communicate with eachother in console. Readln(), Writeln() and maybe Flush() are all that are needed for the bots. I assume most pascal based languages can read and write to system console?

The game host application may need some process threading, or other fancy thing i haven't experimented with much. TProcess class on fpc?

And of course the consoles themselves can be hidden from the user, so the communication is invisible.
Hm, so maybe bots could just be CLI Pascal programs communicating with the server over a pipe? That sounds farily doable. The server could have a nice 3D view (so it can be recorded to a movie), and it opens all bots using a list of file names, communicating with some predetermined commands.

Each bot probably should be limited in how many commands it can send per second, or at least what actions it can take. There should be some time from a command until you get a result (so if you ask the bot to "look" it takes some time until you "see" something).

Sounds fun.