Thread: Commando xenidis

Commando xenidis

Hi Will,

cool feature, I didn't know it

Ok, I'll do it next time.

Firle

Commando xenidis

Hi Firle,

Any progress made during the last few weeks?

Commando xenidis

Hi!

It moves slow right now, because I am learning true D3D for my planet map and for some demos in the game.

Here is a shot from the planet map (True 3D, you can switch the planets for the next mission and move the camera with the mouse):

Right now I am having problems with the light, doesn't work like it should, so everything looks a bit like plastic. If it works, I'll try to add some animated clouds on the planet, some asteroids and maybe some bumpmapping, then the map is finished. Then I start to work on the first demo, where the troup transport enters a planet through a stargate, the models are already done but it is hard the first time working with D3D :evil:

Firle

Commando xenidis

Thats is soo cool!
    What gfxcard are you using? 15fps seems a bit low to me.
    Hope you don't mind me starting about the graphics again, but are you planning to change the background image? It's too blurred. Also I can see the borders from the cube in the lower left corner.

Looking forward to updates again.

Commando xenidis

Hi Traveller,

thanks a lot. this is an older screen I just had handy.

I had some Asteroids in it you can't see right now, they had above 2000 polygons, so this is the low fps. I now reduced them and have 139 fps right now. I am using a Radeon 9700 pro.
    Right now I have 1 sun, 30 planets and 20 asteroids in my space, surrounded by a skybox (with stars on it), this skybox image is very small and will be replaced.

I want to add more stuff, but need to understand Lighting first, right now I am searching for an understandable Lighting tutorial for D3D.
    If I find something, I'll have updates, know any?

Firle

Commando xenidis

Andy Pike's(http://www.andypike.com) tutorials are pretty good. They're not Delphi based, but do make a nice read.

Of course Clootie also has a large number of samples on his site. (http://clootie.narod.ru/delphi/)

Commando xenidis

Hi Traveller,

I already know the site of Clootie, but AndyPike is new to me and the tutorials look very good, thanks a lot

Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Hey Firle, very nice! But, eek, it's huge! Remember the trick I showed you? Can you make all of your previous post images smaller using it? This way everyone can see the full image by clicking on it, but it won't resize the page and we can all read the messages easier. Thanks

For nice starry backgrounds in my games I use some nice Photoshop plugins by Flaming Pear. Glitterato[size=9px](no sure about the spelling there)[/size] is for nice stars and nebulae scenes... might wanna give that one a look at. I think these plugins can be installed on Paintshop too if you use that instead.

Their site is at: http://www.flamingpear.com/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Commando xenidis

Hi Will,

I tried to reduce the above 2 screens in my post and somehow messed it up. I don't have much time right now, but I'll have some nice new screens the next couple of days and will try to make it the right way then.

Perhaps you can change it for one of the posts, then I can 'edit' my post and see the exact code there, because I cannot open your post where the small image is, and the posted code seems to have an error somewhere?

Too bad I don't have photoshop installed, but thanks for the idea.

Firle

Blog Entries

Commando xenidis

Hey Firle, you did it right the first time. But the site wasn't set to allow img HTML tags. :? Sorry about that a silly oversight, It'll work for you now.

Your game is looking better and batter with each screenshot I see. When can we expect a Beta(or Alpha?) version? Can you estimate it at this stage or is it all pretty much still in the air?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast