Thread: Machina Engine DevPascal - IDE for Free Pascal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds like a good idea.

May I suggest for the editor to facilitate some code typing techniques that are currently present in Delphi, like when you type "begin" and then hit enter, it automatically adds "end", thus saving some amount of your time. This is a single feature I loved since the release of Delphi 2006.

Andru: Thank you for your answer! The custom caption will be optional. So, the user will be able to change between the custom and the standard caption style.
    I will take a look to the design of "Lazarus Preferences" window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    as I understand editor support UTF-8, but only if there is a BOM code at start of file, it will be a good idea to have option for default encoding somewhere in preferences
    It is the first time I'm dealing with this issue. I wasn't even thinking about this issue.
    Do you think this will solve:
    Instead of use the component SaveDialog, I will put SaveTextFileDialog, which allows to choice between the formats. And, according to the selected format, I will use the function
    Code:
    TStrings.SaveToFile(Name : String; Encoding : TEncoding);
    ?

Do you think this will solve:
    Instead of use the component SaveDialog, I will put SaveTextFileDialog, which allows to choice between the formats. And, according to the selected format, I will use the function
    It was not about saving the file, it was about opening and editing Here is an example of file which is encoded as UTF-8, but without a BOM bytes at start. Correct version of it should looks like:
    Code:
    program demo;

begin
      // Here should be a Russin text
      writeln( 'Вот тут вот русский текст :)' );
    end.

Hello, everybody. Some updates:

1# - It's possible to change the theme of the editor[Image Original Size]:

2# - The browser can show the functions and procedures of each class:

3# - All FPC options(command line options) are already manageable by the IDE;

4# - In the preferences window you can change the theme and set all the FPC options:

QUESTION: I'm thinking about put a option where the IDE would load ALL units which are in a "standard directories" and parser them. This way, I could put an autocomplete tool in the editor, like this:

But, to do this, the programmer will need the source-code(the .pp file) of each unit.

Do you think it is a good idea? Also, anyone knows anything about my last post?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FelipeFS View Post
    QUESTION: I'm thinking about put a option where the IDE would load ALL units which are in a "standard directories" and parser them. This way, I could put an autocomplete tool in the editor, like this:

But, to do this, the programmer will need the source-code(the .pp file) of each unit.

Do you think it is a good idea?
    I think you could create a database with all that definition stuff, that way you don't need the source code. This also allow to use other language provided the right declaration database.