Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proceural Programming vs. Object Oriented Programming

Rats, I thought this sounded so nice and creative, but it went all silent. But I guess we all are thinking/coding the 2PGDC. OK, so there will be no closer-to-scientific comparison this time either. But I will take the ideas to the upcoming stundent project(s) and maybe we can do something there. (It will probably be C vs C++ then, because nobody here teaches Pascal. The whole CSc department sold out to Sun long ago. Another story.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    But I guess we all are thinking/coding the 2PGDC. OK, so there will be no closer-to-scientific comparison this time either.
    There won't be at the moment. But after the competition ends I do hope that it will come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    There won't be at the moment. But after the competition ends I do hope that it will come to that.
    OK, we'll continue then. It could turn out to be interesting. Damn tricky comparison but it could be a better one than I ever saw before.

I have a meeting with a student in a few minutes, to discuss his diploma thesis. My initial proposal was to do a multiple game implementation to compare languages, but now I will discuss a different idea, OOP vs procedural, including DOD (data oriented design). I take the liberty to use ideas from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    but now I will discuss a different idea, OOP vs procedural, including DOD (data oriented design). I take the liberty to use ideas from this thread.
    Interesting, but I would rate doing both a procedural and an OOP version of the same thing by the same guy as "difficult": the ideas and approaches of both will bleed on each other, chances are you'll either get an OOP version that doesn't really leverages OOP, or a procedural version that mimics a poor man's OOP, depending on the writer or the order in which they're written...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123