Thread: 2nd PGD Challenge Questions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speaking of the locations, what is a significantly different location?

"Each new location must have a different visual theme and it must be obvious that you are in a new location."

My "locations" are all pretty similar, every "location" is really just a flat piece of ground with some buildings on it. The number if buildings and their looks will be different (at least a little) for all "locations" and you can do somewhat different things in each.

That way, I hope that I can fulfill the demand somewhat. I guess the "different visual theme" is a relative thing, you can't really define what "different" means more than that it clearly can't be identical.

What is the deadline? I mean, I work on swedish time, so do I have to midnight, or before, or after?

Maybe the local time counts. Otherwise maybe when last timezone turns into monday at midnight, i hope. 5pm on sunday here.

PS. So far there are only 4 entries uploaded to FTP. More is coming?
    Last edited by User137; 29-04-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Unfortunatly there will be no my entry there. Still to much work to be done. You can check more information about it here: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...hallenge-entry

Blog Entries
    The deadline is basically "your" local midnight. I tend to leave the FTP on for a wee bit after the last midnight of the 29th, just to be sure everyone gets a chance to upload.

Also, even if you entry is not finished, it's always nice to upload something. Having a bunch of entries half finished is much better than having absolutely nothing uploaded. And it doesn't look at bad. So please upload what you've done even if it's not finished. It shows that there was interest instead of nothing in it's place in the showcase after.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Also, even if you entry is not finished, it's always nice to upload something. Having a bunch of entries half finished is much better than having absolutely nothing uploaded. And it doesn't look at bad. So please upload what you've done even if it's not finished. It shows that there was interest instead of nothing in it's place in the showcase after.
    I have been thinking along these lines too. Even though I have no chance in the world to make a top entry, making one at all will at least support the event, show that I am interested, not abandon it with too few contributions.

I guess my entry will at best be demonstrate my intentions. I havn't even made a thread for it and my "to do" list seems infinite. But OTOH it always does.