Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: 2nd PGD Challenge: The Journey

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    No, iOS is a bit tricky since distribution requires fees and time to post on the iTunes App Store, add to that the judges would have all the headaches of trying to setup on their end with all the other games too.
    I was thinking of web apps actually, these work full-screen on iOS and don't require going through the App Store or paying any fee.
    And setting them up is actually simpler than running anything on a PC, LInux or Mac: you just have to follow a link and click "add to home"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I was thinking of web apps actually, these work full-screen on iOS and don't require going through the App Store or paying any fee.
    And setting them up is actually simpler than running anything on a PC, LInux or Mac: you just have to follow a link and click "add to home"
    Well see I can't just say iOS and Android because it supports HTML5. HTML5 is the platform we are supporting not iOS and Android. Sure they may run on iOS and Android devices, but we don't want the teams submitting their games to rest their laurels on both judges having 'hoped for' hardware to run it.

Just stating Javascript/HTML5 as a platfrom does however offer a bit of flexibility too. I'd recommend all submissions for the HTML5/JavaScript platform indicate what web browser(s) and what versions are required and tested to run their games. Just as any other entry submitted for any other platform, all files must be zipped up into a single archive with it's readme file indicating who you are and what your contact email is.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Just stating Javascript/HTML5 as a platfrom does however offer a bit of flexibility too.
    Well, that depends, HTML5 is still implemented in various ways, and all implementations are not equal.

HTML5 on iOS has full hardware acceleration for Canvas & transforms, that's not the case on Android f.i. (except Chrome for Android 4.x).

If iOS was amongst the platforms (without more specifics) that would allow both native & webapps, though yes, native apps would be more cumbersome because of the need to go through App Store.

I'd recommend all submissions for the HTML5/JavaScript platform indicate what web browser(s) and what versions are required and tested to run their games.
    Makes sense

Lucky that I dropped in, I had not seen that there was a new challenge coming up. I'll try to do something nice. Right now, my ideas seem a bit too dull, but I guess I can sharpen them somehow. But I already have an idea or two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    Lucky that I dropped in, I had not seen that there was a new challenge coming up. I'll try to do something nice. Right now, my ideas seem a bit too dull, but I guess I can sharpen them somehow. But I already have an idea or two.
    I'll be glad to see what you come up with! Last time I believe you were the only one that made a Mac entry to the competition.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'll be glad to see what you come up with! Last time I believe you were the only one that made a Mac entry to the competition.
    Thanks, Will! I sure will develop on the Mac this time too (and if I have time, port to other platforms).

If you hadn't seen it yet, I have started a thread about my entry for the competition:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...formation-quot

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Last day! Good luck everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123