Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stars reach

Blog Entries
    Glad you got something in early just in case. If you want to upload a newer version, just make sure you number it higher than the previous one. This will help if you do submit a few extra to make maximum use of the time left so we know which is the latest.

Good luck in the final stretch!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Here's video from v0.2 (it's actual ingame musics, not separately added to video):

It is not finished but it might remain final version for the contest.
    Last edited by User137; 29-04-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Here's video from v0.2 (it's actual ingame musics, not separately added to video):
    That warp effect is enough to make it worthwhile. Very good.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's really awesome! Don't think I've ever seen that cool of a real-time visual effect for a space warp done in a game before. BTW you may have an extra 2 days, if noone objects to an extension. You could add something more to your entry if you want.

BTW I like some of the videos that you guys are posting on YouTube. Would you be willing to upload them to the FTP site under a 'videos' folder? It would really help me to make a promotional video down the road for the event. It's also nice to show off your guys great work like this. And you guys really do deserve all the credit for it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

The video is 62Mb in size, and always available from Youtube as i made that public. But i can upload it if it helps

Maybe i could finish the combat in extended time. The v3 is for now buggy in a way that (new) healthbars and attack button are flashing... AI engages in combat from place that is not intentional, and counterattack system fires up. Notices that no ships in system and stops combat, all repeatedly many times per second

Blog Entries
    PGD has no space limits these days. Not for something like that. And it does help a lot so I would really appreciate the contribution of that great footage to show off. As a video file I can convert and cut my own community ads from it and use it to promote the community more. Plus not having to record it myself gives me more time to the compilation and showcasing rather than gathering.

Yeah if you've met all the goals, which from the video it seems you have, playability and gameplay would be a good priority I think.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Ok contest is over, but game can still be improved regardless Got some of that done today, but man... the combat bug is really persistent. I will have to debug it very deep to find it. I even restructured the AI in general to be more easily readable, and logical. Ships do really get destroyed now and i can capture planets in enemy ownership, sometimes... But even my own fleet ships start moving to undesired places on their own, that goes beyond reason

- Travelling within same solar system is no longer instant, wasn't meant to be.
    - Map remembers the last system that player opened, and cannot open "system view" of empty space.
    - Music is looping properly.
    - All ships health regenerates slowly.
    - Warp start is making engines glow brighter and brighter until it jumps.

Finally fixed. Simple thing like ship owner uninitialized Conquered the entire galaxy in a test game now. Combat works and AI seems to properly fight with each other too, and it's sending its fleet to random planets nearly like player does. Could be better, but works... and i'll propably leave it at that.

The project seems promising, although you may want to use a different name due to trademark issues and use that ingame song with caution, as it is quite popular and is also copyright protected - you might want to check with the song's author first.
    Last edited by LP; 29-06-2012 at 04:10 PM.

I checked the rights on the music site, they should be free to use anywhere. But whatever, until someone complains about simple contest entry, i'll call it Star Wars if want to Just small games with no real meaning to anyone, just demos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast