Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Momen 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    The problem with skyboxes is to create the texture. Render it is quite easy. I just draw a 10x10x10 cube with rotation and no translation (and no Z-Buffer, no fog, etc).
    Absolutely. The code is no problem, but you can't draw a skybox by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñuño Martínez View Post
    I've used GW-BASIC to study an algorithm I've stolen from Shawn Hargreaves' Marauder. BTW Marauder is written in C++. This disqualifies me from the competition?
    Not as long as you rewrite it in Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Not as long as you rewrite it in Pascal
    I hope, because it was a hard work to port it from "screen space" (used by Shawn's game) to "OpenGL space".

Now I have an autopilot that forces every ship (including playership) to stay in the battlezone. So, you can't run out of the problems.
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    Absolutely. The code is no problem, but you can't draw a skybox by hand.
    That's why I use the ones I've found at Open Game Art website.

Blog Entries
    Lookin' good Nuno! This work impresses me since before I've only seen game library stuff from you for the most part. Nice to see quality game dev, and resourceful stuff too.

And no, porting C++ to Object Pascal is perfectly legit.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    And no, porting C++ to Object Pascal is perfectly legit.
    I would call that "code improvement" or something like that. Sanitizing C++ code.

Had some troubles but finally the game itself is finished so I started with the mission design. Here you have a view of the "Briefing Mission" screen:

The problem here is that Allegro's text drawing procedures corrupts the stack so I can't use them; note that I'm using last SVN-Work In Progress Allegro.pas. I had to create my own text drawing procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    I would call that "code improvement" or something like that. Sanitizing C++ code.
    Just what I said...
    Last edited by Ñuño Martínez; 21-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Very cool! Could use a bit more variety of colour, but the design is more important than the appearance first off.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

A lot of things done, but there's a lot of things that should be done.

For example, I'm having problems because the engine isn't well designed (as I said, it's a dirty engine ) so it needs to be refactored (is it the correct spelling? ) but obviously I have no time now. Anyway I'm happy with the results and I've learned a lot.

A big trouble is that I can't make it run in Windows. I'm sure the problem is my Allegro's to Pascal wrapper, but I can't fix it now. Anyway Linux can deal with it (which makes the Windows issues more bizarre).

Here you have a solo fighting. You can see the title screen, the AI in action, the radar and the targeting device, which makes things a lot easer.

Looks awesome mate! Well done

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast