Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
>But why would you need to?
Maybe it was my dream to make a game in this universe. And PGD2 if my little chance to do this.
Don't give up just because of copyright discussions. Sure you can make a game, and PGD2 is a great opportunity. PGD1 was great fun and I learned several new tools when writing my game.

Just don't rip off others work. (Ideas not included. Ideas can not be patented. Artwork can, precise gameplay can to some extent, source code can.)

>First, you can ask for permission.
And wait for ethernity...

Likely. But if they do say yes, you can proceed using whatever they allowed you to do.
igmac you speak a right words (for a perfect world) but how the God I broke IP when I do content by myself? My drawings are copyrighted by Sony or someone else? Nonsense.
No, on the contrary, that's what makes it safe. When you copy images drawn by someone else, you can have problems. Keep drawing.

About servers confiscation it is funny, but if following your thoughts they can do this just because there written Stargete (it is trademark and copyrighted isnt it?)

Web server admin do not responsible for content that users upload to it. So why the hell he will have problems? Are you all mad here?
Theoretically everything is possible, but they will not grab a server because one person at the board mentions a game. They will grab it when someone makes a major infringement (like making a 100% clone of a significant game) and the admins don't mind. They will probably start by asking the admins to take the submission down, and continue with rougher actions if the admins don't do anything about it.

To be it sounds like you have little to worry about. But I would avoid the exact name of the original game. If you call it Stargoat, or Stargreat... There are plenty of people on AppStore making much worse things than that.

So start planning and coding, don't worry too much. We can tell you if there is a problem when you post the first screenshots.