Thread: Stargate: The Journey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    I say more. If it have no commercial part it can be a great ad for title. i.e. For my noncommercial game Void Story I easily get rights from owners to use their songs in my game. But with 2 limitations: I must mention that it is not my music, give link to their site, their band name etc. Second - I must pack music. Music cannot be listenet not from game. That's all.
    I really do not believe that all the Stargate fans all over the world ask permission to draw art, render a model or write music that created as fan art.

So, if it is problem for this website, this is very sad. When I use resources that not really mine, I mention it. Look my IGDC 69 Intro. I mention that demo was made by inspiration of TRON movie by Walt Disney. I mention that is Daft Pung music played in intro. And nobody dont ask me to remove it.

So what the problem with it? Problem that i will make some ads to stargate? Or you just that i draw different glyphs on gates, change name? But the game will be still the same. Nothing changes with it. It's ridiculous.

Tell me your decision as fast as you can, WILL. So I will not loose my time more (with that 3 nights that I already passed) and make my game for competition. I really dissapointed by this kind of restrictions.
    Concerning music, I hardly expect a big record company to say much. Either they don't reply (very likely) or they say no. Well, that is my experience.

But let's discuss your game ideas instead. I don't think you need to worry about names or art. Names can be slightly altered for the final version (like Fans Of Stargate, would clearly state both inspiration and that it is not part of the original) and the graphics can be redrawn a bit if it seems vital.

Problem that my game with rules disclamer cannot be accepted to #2 PGD challenge.
    Theory is - when you know everything but nothing works.
    Practice is - when all works, but you don't know why.
    We combine theory and practice - nothing works and nobody knows why

Quote Originally Posted by Darthman View Post
    Problem that my game with rules disclamer cannot be accepted to #2 PGD challenge.
    Do you mean the following?

"No entry can use any copyright or registered trademark of an intellectual property other than your own without given permission from it's originators. "

But why would you need to?

First, you can ask for permission. With some luck, you might get it and then you are clear, right?

And if not, what's wrong with making some twists to stay clear from infringements? That isn't hard. Tweak names, make your own graphics (even if it isn't as good), change the rules a bit. And those changes will improve your "innovation & creativity" score. So I say you can turn the worries to your favor.