Thread: Silly things we used to do?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah improper structuring of math calculations can be a big code killer. It can also come up with some wacky behavior too. I remember working with AI using Neural Networks with Genetic Algorithms and I just don't know if I ever got the math right, but my little library I made, up just wouldn't work right. It's been ages, but I still think it was badly coded math.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

You're right.

Also it should be "fVw / fVh" because is width and height to calculate the OpenGL viewport relation.

Anyway the result was that graphics were a a bit deformed.
    No signature provided yet.

The worst thing I did, was try to convert a visual basic app to delphi. It was a totaly mess and a big waste of time. What I learn? never again convert someone else code, specially if it comes from visual basic. It's better to build new things with new approaches. No matter how well writen the original code is, in the end it's always a different way to see and do things, and an incompatible programming philosophy, it's bad if you have only code and zero documentation. I had to refuse the job, but instead I accepted it.

I would take that challenge But surely there are may coding differences between Pascal and Basic language, that force you to plan some things differently.

http://govnokod.ru/pascal
    Prepare your facepalm cannon.