Thread: War Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That looks awesome. Would like to know how good the HTML5 gaming experience is.
    Will you be using particle-systems?

Too bad I couldn't join. Job and studies are consuming all my time.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere View Post
    That looks awesome. Would like to know how good the HTML5 gaming experience is.
    On Chrome, IE9 & iPad, it's very reactive, the HTML5 canvas is very well accelerated. In many ways, it could handle more complex stuff.
    iPhone is smooth, but the game isn't designed for it, so you can't do much if you don't have tiny fingers

Will you be using particle-systems?
    Not really, explosions are sprites, though when you fill up the map with missile towers, the missiles and explosion make up a particle system of some sort...

A video just before I go to sleep. The playback rate is incorrect and stuttering for some reason.

The easy part (the code) is essentially done, now comes the hard part: maps, gameplay tweaks & level design, better art, sounds... some of it just won't make it for the deadline

Blog Entries
    That's time management old friend.

There is however the post-competition finish-up that everyone does. You may have just gotten your entry in and meeting the end goals by the skin of your teeth, but it's in. Now you get to finish off all those things on your list to consider it completed. It's kinda fun to see who can stick it out to finish off their entries.

Nice video, but you don't seem very good at your own game. That or you need to balance it a bit more in your favor.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Looks very interesting, better graphics for enemy and defence units and it will rock!

Nice video, but you don't seem very good at your own game. That or you need to balance it a bit more in your favor.
    It's actually currently way too easy (need it to test level completions, etc.).

I'll ramp up the difficulty a bit for the PGD version, but not too much, so it won't take hours for the judges to reach all the levels! (8 distinct maps right now, with 11 locations, as a couple maps are recycled twice)

Looks very interesting, better graphics for enemy and defence units and it will rock!
    Alas, that's probably something that won't happen, I'm just too ineffective when making graphics, and they don't even look very good...

On the other hand, there is already a "Challenge" (hard, infinite, semi-random) mode, for which I would like to squeeze in global leaderboards if time permits

You did finished the game! I should take this seriously!
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Wow, now that brings back some knongregate memories. Looking forward to playing this one folks Looking great there Eric!
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Added global leaderboards with Playtomic, picked them since they were free and had an HTML5 API
    Their API si very simple to use: one line to setup, one line to record a highscore, one line to get the leaderboard!

Won't get any Challenge points for it, but there is a cool factor to it I couldn't resist! (of course, less cool will be cheaters, but let's cross that bridge later).

Not much presentation in the leaderboard yet, it's just a big rounded rect + text, I'm using HTML5 Canvas ShadowBlur for the font effects.

I also have a start icon now, quickly made up with iconJ.
    Attached Images Attached Images