Thread: War Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Leader-board := awesome!

Every little detail just makes your entry all the more impactful Eric. You are true to form in this competition. Can't wait to play it when the deadline hits.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Time for a beta!

bit.ly/wartrail

Should work best on:
    - Windows: Chrome, IE9
    - iOS: iPad 2/3 (use "add to home screen")
    - OSX: Safari

Alternate platforms:
    - Chrome for Android 4.0 (ICS, tablet recommended), playable framerate.
    - Android 2.3 with alternate browsers that have a good fullscreen mode (Boat Browser f.i.), low framerate.
    - Windows Opera & Safari have low framerate. FireFox is not supported yet.
    - iPhone 3GS/4 have good framerate, but controls are too small.

What can be tested?
    - Only the bottom five locations in the world map are playable, "Shinai ruins" is meant to be non-winnable for now
    - The first 2-3 locations should be rather easy
    - "Ulan Gathor" (bottom left) is a "bonus map" and should be hardish (passing it won't be required to reach the last locations).

Winning any location unlocks the next location(s), a flawless victory (3 stars, 100% health) unlocks the Challenge mode for that location.

Challenge mode is infinite, with global Leader boards, first ranks should be easy to grab, not many competition yet ;-)

Some dialogs are still using the browser dialogs, so they can look out of place, don't choose to block them!
    Attached Images Attached Images

It works for me ok, nice work Eric

Worked fine - Chrome + Windows7 64 bit!

Cool

It does not work for me. The map loads and show, and the flag is there at the first position, but when I click it nothing happens. This happens in Firefox 11. It works in Chrome though.

Quote Originally Posted by de_jean_7777 View Post
    It does not work for me. The map loads and show, and the flag is there at the first position, but when I click it nothing happens. This happens in Firefox 11. It works in Chrome though.
    Yes, as I wrote, Firefox isn't supported yet, it will likely be later on, but will probably be slow (Firefox canvas hardware acceleration is either not enabled by default or buggy afaict)

Entry submitted!

Last version also playable at bit.ly/wartrail, preferably on Chrome, other browsers should work, but may not have best speed or all sounds.