Thread: As Yet Unnamed Entry - RTS against 'the empire'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, thanks for that, I'll make sure to put a note in my code once I get my windows virtual machine booted and ready to compile Of course, the focus before that is getting the mouse support thrown into the SDL event code for windows and (maybe) mac OS X!

Thanks for the find though

Edit:

Thanks to some free time, the scroll speed now varies based on how close to the edge of the screen the cursor is, woo
    Also, by not running upx on the binary increased performance in terms of 'feel' on a grand scale. The downside to that? Its no 896K for the exe rather than 280... Its a bit bulky, bu I'll see if I can't cut some bulk out of my units once i'm finished with the entry, although I reckon its more due to the fact I'm using OpenGl and XLib directly (from a prometheus point of view) ^^
    Last edited by code_glitch; 16-04-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Blog Entries
    Well, after a good day of development, things are turning out to be much easier than I'd originally anticipated

Now on what is virtually 600 lines of main program, a few glitches are still present, but the construction system is working (albeit immediate) and its doing everything correctly in terms of executing the 'scripts' and making stuff happen in the game... I think this next screenshot sums it up rather well

I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Must...build...factory....and....rule...the...worl d...
    Looks very good...much more than what i have done