Yes I know that I will ned much more than just perlin noise. That's why I'm already developing my algorithm in a way that it will easily alow me to do some postprocessing or even do some preprocessing for each of the layers wich are then used in creation of the final texture. But like stated a few post higher I doubt I could do this by the end of competition. I do have a lot of other owrk on my entry wich still needs to be done. Hence I havent completly decided wich graphic engine will I use. For now I work on the core of the game.
your perlin is very nice, thank you so much
I have implemented as a variable so I could set the seed from a script as well as share it with other functions. still need to play with it some more before I get it all figured out. now I just need to figure out how to make wood grains with it.
Look at the bottom of the page
I decided to move more to a single window design so I spent the last week ripping up code and trying to put it all back together. I now have my own little windowing system within the window or screen. the layout managers maintain control of the windows as they are added and removed. they also help to channel incoming messages to the point of focus. when I learn more about shaders I will be able to add some nice layouts but at this point the only shader I have is very basic so no point in spending alot of time on that right now. I found a nice mono font (since someone complained about my other one) still lots of tiding to do and then I think I'll spend some time tring to figure out some basic bone anmation.
well I'm starting to work out some bone animation stuff since I could find anything that worked for me. at least this way when its done I'll know how it works. I'm using a modified version of user137's getangle to pose him at the moment. this version works with negitive values. now all I need is to get it working on the other axis's
in case it's useful to someone.
Man1.jpgMan2.jpgCode:Function GetAngle(vVec1,vVec2:TFlt3):TFlt; Var v1,v2:TFlt3; vA:TFlt; begin v1:=VecFlt3(0,1,0); v2:=VecNorm(VecSub(vVec1,vVec2)); vA:=ArcCos(VecDot(v1,v2))*(180/PI); if v2.X<0 then result:=-vA else result:=vA; end;
as you can see my shader has improved a bit.
Maybe Hugo's site can help again in this area too:
Thanks Paul, I can use all the help I can get.