Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
@Paul That site seems verry good. I will take some time reading trough but it will have to wait after the competition.
to pull off a good texture rendering system you will need much more then just perlin noise and if your not careful your system could become very bloated and unmanageable rather quickly. my approach may not be the fastest solution but it extremely flexible most effects are applied as nodes and are very small they can often be chained together so the output of one becomes the input for the next. all drawing functions are effected by these nodes, even text rendering. scripting in most cases does not have a big impact but provides a nice interface to fine tune these effects. property editors require alot of extra work and generally preform poorly. my scripting mechanic's is not design for speed but flexibility, modular design. scripting expansion nodes are stack in the same way that the drawing nodes are. each node can have as many commands as needed and and new data types. in this way we can group them together in a way that makes since. and we can include as much or as little as we want. further more the scripting provides many input/output methods. you can export data in a similar xml fashion, only more readable. you can input/output lists of variables in a less orderly fashion. the scripting in the Explorer is for the most part is intended to be a set up language, not intended to handle time critical tasks. by the time this project is finish I will have implemented a chunk library so that if we decide to pre render some of our assets they could be stored there until they are no longer needed.