Thread: Carver Explorer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lights are on finally, I know it don't look like much yet but it is opengl 3.3 so learning is slow. especially when all my reference materal is c++
    LightsOn.jpg

well I'm starting to work out some bone animation stuff since I could find anything that worked for me. at least this way when its done I'll know how it works. I'm using a modified version of user137's getangle to pose him at the moment. this version works with negitive values. now all I need is to get it working on the other axis's
    in case it's useful to someone.
    Code:
    Function GetAngle(vVec1,vVec2:TFlt3):TFlt;
    Var
      v1,v2:TFlt3;
      vA:TFlt;
    begin
      v1:=VecFlt3(0,1,0);
      v2:=VecNorm(VecSub(vVec1,vVec2));
      vA:=ArcCos(VecDot(v1,v2))*(180/PI);
      if v2.X<0 then  result:=-vA else result:=vA;
    end;
    Man1.jpgMan2.jpg
    as you can see my shader has improved a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carver413 View Post
    well I'm starting to work out some bone animation stuff since I could find anything that worked for me. at least this way when its done I'll know how it works. I'm using a modified version of user137's getangle to pose him at the moment. this version works with negitive values. now all I need is to get it working on the other axis's
    in case it's useful to someone.
    Code:
    Function GetAngle(vVec1,vVec2:TFlt3):TFlt;
    Var
      v1,v2:TFlt3;
      vA:TFlt;
    begin
      v1:=VecFlt3(0,1,0);
      v2:=VecNorm(VecSub(vVec1,vVec2));
      vA:=ArcCos(VecDot(v1,v2))*(180/PI);
      if v2.X<0 then  result:=-vA else result:=vA;
    end;
    Man1.jpgMan2.jpg
    as you can see my shader has improved a bit.
    Nice work...that looks rather cute actually

Maybe Hugo's site can help again in this area too:
    (inverse) Kinematics
    http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.eli...s/m_linked.htm
    http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_ik.htm
    http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_ik2.htm

cheers,
    Paul

Thanks Paul, I can use all the help I can get.

well I got my angle code working on all 3 planes but it failed as soon as I tried to combine the three. I fared much better on the scripting side of things. my latest model was created entirely from a script and was quite easy to do. I still plan to develope cad tools as well but my main focus right now will be animation and working out any kinks in the bone structure.
    Man3.jpgMan4.jpg

I've been working on a meshing tool to create simple meshes from script or cad assist. currently I can pass it a 2d array and it will create a complete mesh UV map and all. 3 different UV layouts to choose from. currently it can create about any shape you could make with a lathe and more. I'm going to add cookie cutter style as well but for now I just want to give my guy a little better shape and a face to boot. then maybe I can make a movie.At some point I plan to add blender support but I want a good working modeler set up before I bother.
    Work01.jpg

well I've been a little side tracked these day's I added a Shell() command to my scripting engine because I wanted to play with some of the TTS commands on linux that opened a whole new world of possibilitys and off I went. I can now do a whole bunch stuff from my editor like opening my favorite web pages getting the TTS to read to me, update my Lazarus. any way I have started working on some sound stuff. I decided to use openal since it is very simular to opengl. I want to make a sort of sound canvas simular to the texturing canvas. with the sound canvas we would be creating sounds in a procedural way by combining nodes together as well as creating custom filters for processing external sounds. can,t say that I know much about it but when did that ever stop me.
    DualChannel01.jpg