Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carver Explorer

well I got my angle code working on all 3 planes but it failed as soon as I tried to combine the three. I fared much better on the scripting side of things. my latest model was created entirely from a script and was quite easy to do. I still plan to develope cad tools as well but my main focus right now will be animation and working out any kinks in the bone structure.
    Man3.jpgMan4.jpg

I've been working on a meshing tool to create simple meshes from script or cad assist. currently I can pass it a 2d array and it will create a complete mesh UV map and all. 3 different UV layouts to choose from. currently it can create about any shape you could make with a lathe and more. I'm going to add cookie cutter style as well but for now I just want to give my guy a little better shape and a face to boot. then maybe I can make a movie.At some point I plan to add blender support but I want a good working modeler set up before I bother.
    Work01.jpg

well I've been a little side tracked these day's I added a Shell() command to my scripting engine because I wanted to play with some of the TTS commands on linux that opened a whole new world of possibilitys and off I went. I can now do a whole bunch stuff from my editor like opening my favorite web pages getting the TTS to read to me, update my Lazarus. any way I have started working on some sound stuff. I decided to use openal since it is very simular to opengl. I want to make a sort of sound canvas simular to the texturing canvas. with the sound canvas we would be creating sounds in a procedural way by combining nodes together as well as creating custom filters for processing external sounds. can,t say that I know much about it but when did that ever stop me.
    DualChannel01.jpg

Lots of good stuff going on here, doing lots of refactoring and cleanup to tie everything together, killed a few bugs and reduced the size of script nessary to create a gui. it is begining to be a very game worthy gui. I developed a tag system for the Gui so only nessary things need to be added. if a button is in a group then defining the frame size is pointless and if a control is anchored then the same applys. Caption is mostly unneeded since most cases we can simple use the name as our caption. we can even do this BUTTON:'Push me please' and aslong as its in quotes it will work just fine. I am continuing to add new things to the canvasing unit Resampling (Blur,Sharpen,Emboss,Edge) all user define able. combine those with the Procedural stuff and you will have endless possibilitys for skinning the gui. because the canvasing unit handles the look of most of the gui it is possible to theme your UI by swaping out the canvas file. and if thats not enough many controls can define an OnPaint script.
    ScriptedGui.jpgResample.jpg
    Last edited by Carver413; 18-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls View Post
    Here is my Perlin Noise unit I made up around 2006 - not sure how fast it is?
    snip
    X/Y/Z in functions Noise1D/2D/3D are offset from (0,0,0), right? I'm asking because I'm looking into making "infinite" game using chunks scheme (perlin noise is for world generation).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    X/Y/Z in functions Noise1D/2D/3D are offset from (0,0,0), right? I'm asking because I'm looking into making "infinite" game using chunks scheme (perlin noise is for world generation).
    Hi Darkhog, to be honest, I don't know...but I assume that is the case

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123