When I've worked for an outsourced project using VB script in Lotus Notes, I promised myself never to return on that path again.

Even original Starcraft's scripts (if you ever used its Map editor) had script facilities that were based on conditions and were edited pseudo-visually.

Seriously, in these technological days when many kids have access to PC and popular tools like Microsoft Office, Open Office and LibreOffice, among many other visual-driven software, when did you see a kid hacking with low-level instruction-level code in Notepad? It is not only difficult to read and understand, but also requires significant effort to achieve anything but basic functionality.

I really applaud the effort to help with kids education, but when making a programming tool for kids, I'd suggest using more visual and high level diagram approach, perhaps something based on top of UML, instead of assembly-like instruction driven language. Something where you take visual elements, put them together to create a working module, similar to how in LEGO you can construct objects, machines and even electronic/mechanical parts. For example, this video was posted somewhere here on PGD; something analogical to this example could be made for programming too.