Finally came up with an idea - effectivly I have only 4 days to get it complete so not sure how much I will be able to do
Theme: You are in a multiplayer space trading game. You are the owner of a starship travelling between planets buying products and travelling to other planets to sell them.
Multilocation: There are a few key locations/screen in the game.
- Each planet has their own screen, with their own background, look and feel.
- Travel a unique screen for your space ship in space
- Team - if you join a trading team you get certain advnatages
- Sign up
When you signup you will also create your own unique home planet, by defining the products the planet can produce. At this planet you will get discounts when buying products, and when upgrading your ship.
- Due to the warp drive all planets are a certain number of warp-days from one another. During game time a warp-day is crossed in an hour. So you can track your arrival at the various planets etc. The distance to anothe rplanet is defined by the rareity of its produce. (So a planet that produces Tritonium, Space Ship Engines and Super Dooper Ultra Lazers could be 24 warp days away from every other planet, while a planet producing, food, paper, iron might only be 2 warp days away)
- You start at your home planet and can buy products, you then choose a destination and can travel there, when you arrive you can buy/sell products again. The selling price of products will be based on how much is bought of a product, so the more people who travel to a planet to buy things the more they will cost. The opposite is true of sellign things.
- There will be a galactic chat room (forum) which people can access from anywhere, even while in travel mode.
- You can join a team, in which case you would get a discount at all your team mates planets as well, as well as acess to a team forum to discuss the game etc.
- Upgrades to make your ship bigger/faster etc
- Possibly - random encounters with other players ships/pirates in which they can attack you
Development work to be done
- PC Front end - delphi app (VCL app I think due to time) - that allows access to all the above mentioned funtions
- PC alert box - an Icon tray project that will alert you when your ship arrives at a destination
- Web Server to store data (probably PHP)
- Web front end for people to access the game form a browser
- HTML5/jQueryMobile front end for people to access the game trough a phone
I am away this weekend, and next weekend is a long weekend, where I am away again, so effectivly I have Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs to complete the project....
The webserver is effectivly just a global data storage area, data calls are sent to the server and stored in the DB, and calls are made to retrieve data.