Thread: 2nd PGD Challenge: 3 Day Extension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Question 2nd PGD Challenge: 3 Day Extension?

Well I always intended for the PGD Challenge to be more of a fun occasion and not a blood-thirsty battle-royale like the PGD Annual was. So since everyone seems to be just a bit of time away from something that would that would really shine, I'm going to give an extension to everyone for a couple of days. Provided that noone objects. If so that's ok too, but you'd have to have a submission in already in for me to consider it a legit beef.

Anyhow in the spirit of this being for fun, I say 2 day extension for those that really need one. All agreed?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I say aye!

I could squeeze some extra stuff in there in two days - homing missiles that seek the player, possibly some walking enemies, and more colourful levels I reckon

The challenge theme was much bigger than the first. The first was minimalistic in nature while this is more about quantity with significant implications on content. And that certainly made it harder to finish, so the extension is called for.

I would be happy to use theese two days to make my entry atleast playable.

I won't be able to make use of the extra days, but I don't mind the deadline being extended

And yes, as Ingemar said, the theme involved some emphasis on content (3 distinct environments minimum, 8 for all points...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I won't be able to make use of the extra days, but I don't mind the deadline being extended
    I think that a week is better than 2 days , even if I'm not planning to make changes to my entry (at least major)
    Last edited by Jimmy Valavanis; 30-04-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes

Blog Entries
    Ok well then an extension will happen. A matter of days isn't a huge thing to me one way or the other, but I unfortunately can't offer a whole week as I won't be home as of this weekend. My real job is taking me out of province for a couple of weeks. So I won't be around long enough for that long of an extension to close the FTP and fill out a score sheet with all the entries for the judges.

So tell you all what I'll do. I'll make it "officially" 3 days, but I'm going to shut down the FTP server sometime Thursday afternoon at the latest. Does that help some?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingemar View Post
    The challenge theme was much bigger than the first. The first was minimalistic in nature while this is more about quantity with significant implications on content. And that certainly made it harder to finish, so the extension is called for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

And yes, as Ingemar said, the theme involved some emphasis on content (3 distinct environments minimum, 8 for all points...)
    You know what guys, I agree with you. That's why I set it originally by an extra week to make up for the scale of it. However things come up and it might not have been so easy to do all of what the basics of the theme was in just 4 weeks with somewhat "normal" on-goings for the average PGD-er. This is something that I'm going to register in the brain-box for the next one. So it's good to know what you guys collectively think at the end of each of these.

I should be planning for a less content requiring theme next round to balance things out a bit.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well, I've already uploaded my entry but somehow I expected that there would be an extension. I won't be using the extension (my Oxygene Trial has also expired) but I think it's a good thing if it means we'll get an extra couple of games.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Ok, will see if i could make improvements to the entry. Last nights version has something more but also introduced a bug i didn't want to submit.